WELCOME!

This is Buzzy's Country Store blog designed to keep you apprised of what's going on at the Store. Buzzy's is a general store located in St. Mary's County, Southern Maryland near Pt. Lookout State Park. Buzzy and Jean Ridgell purchased the Store from Jean's father Harry Raley in 1953. Buzzy operated it until his passing in 2009. His son J. Scott Ridgell is the current owner.

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Panthers/Davis Store/Dumas Walker


I am heading to Charlotte this a.m. with Brady to catch the Panthers-Texans opening pre-season game tonight.  Usually we hit a baseball stadium but this year we elected to stay close to home and visit a NFL stadium that we have not been to.  Baseball wise we've been to all the MLB parks save for the 2 L.A. teams, Petco Park in San Diego and Safeco Park in Seattle.  

Charlotte/Carolina Panthers are a good example of how the NFL really does mean Not For Long.  Just two years ago they went 15 and 1 and made the Super Bowl.  Last year they were 6-10 and didn't even make the playoffs.  Go figure.  The following is from Deadspin's take on why the Panthers suck.
http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2017-carolina-panthers-1797595132
Also on our agenda is a visit to Davis General Store located in North Charlotte.  Think I am more psyched about visiting there than I am in going to see the Panthers.
This is from the Davis' website:
Kayla covers Sunday evenings for me at Buzzy's Country Store and leaves the radio on the country music channel.  This past Monday after I turned the radio on and was cleaning up the place, I was too lazy to change the channel when this song played.  I never like it much but let it play anyway.  Found that I had never really listened to the lyrics before and that I actually enjoyed listening to the song this time around. 

Guess now that I have something in common with ole Dumas Walker, I can relate to it more than I could previously.  (And no, I never once thought that the actual lyrics were "go down and do Miss Walker" although there is something to be said for that.)

No comments: