WELCOME!

This is Buzzy's Country Store blog designed to keep you apprised of what's going on at the Store. Buzzy's is a general store located in St. Mary's County, Southern Maryland near Pt. Lookout State Park. Buzzy and Jean Ridgell purchased the Store from Jean's father Harry Raley in 1953. Buzzy operated it until his passing in 2009. His son J. Scott Ridgell is the current owner.

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Hats Off

Just received a new stash of Buzzy hats.  This marks the second round of hats that I have purchased this year.  Usually one order of 200 hats will last me for the summer season and well into winter before I have to reorder.  But for some reason, this past year, the hats have literally flown out the Store.  

When I placed my second order with Buddy my hat guy a few weeks ago, he informed me that he's doing record sales for some reason.  Jokingly, I asked him if it was due to all those sales of Make America Great Again hats.  He laughed and said "Well I did do a couple big orders for those earlier in the year, but right now I'm getting requests for Impeach Trump hats and Make America Sane Again hats."
Explaining why hat sales are up, Buddy said "It may have something to do with all us boomers either having had skin cancer or afraid of getting it.  All I know is that I've been busier than a one legged man at an ass kicking contest trying to keep up with orders."   

To see if I could find any data to support Buddy's assessment of increased hat sales I hit the ole Google machine by typing in "Hat sales."  I found several pages of companies selling hats but very little on actual sales of hats in general and baseball hats in particular. 

But whereas I struck out on that little effort, I did manage to land on something called the Pussyhat  (click here.)
Maybe I should ask Buddy to make me up some Buzzy Pussyhats!


No comments: