WELCOME!

This is Buzzy's Country Store blog designed to keep you apprised of what's going on at the Store. Buzzy's is a general store located in St. Mary's County, Southern Maryland near Pt. Lookout State Park. Buzzy and Jean Ridgell purchased the Store from Jean's father Harry Raley in 1953. Buzzy operated it until his passing in 2009. His son J. Scott Ridgell is the current owner.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

There is a Season

Geez, I haven't broken out the old Bible in so long, I wasn't sure if I still had one.  However, I did manage to find it nestled on the bottom shelf with my other "Bibles."

Specifically, I was looking for and managed to find the following:
Why was I looking for this?  Well, the other day I heard Turn, Turn, Turn on the radio.  Although I knew that Seger had nicked it from a prayer, I wasn't exactly sure what he did or did not include.  It sent me to my Bible and now I know!

First, check out the Byrds' take on it and follow along with the actual wording above to see how Pete changed it up.   Then listen to Pete discuss it in the second video.




While I like and appreciate Pete's final sentiments about there being a time for peace and "I swear it's not too late," I'm not so sure about all that.  Would be nice to see some proof that it's not too late.  

No comments: