WELCOME!

This is Buzzy's Country Store blog designed to keep you apprised of what's going on at the Store. Buzzy's is a general store located in St. Mary's County, Southern Maryland near Pt. Lookout State Park. Buzzy and Jean Ridgell purchased the Store from Jean's father Harry Raley in 1953. Buzzy operated it until his passing in 2009. His son J. Scott Ridgell is the current owner.

Monday, July 31, 2017

"For 10 Years We've Been on Our Own"

Next Sunday, Bushmill Band will be at Buzzy's Country Store to help celebrate my 10 year anniversary of running the place.  If you are out and about, drop in and have one on/with me for having run the best little country store around for 10 great years.

My Grandfather Harry Raley bought the Store from Mike Shuman in 1945.  Harry ran it for 8 years before selling it to my Dad Buzzy in 1953. 
Harry and Me 1958
Buzzy sold the Store to me in 2007 and as they say the rest is history. 

So while I have now logged in a couple more years than my Grandfather did at running the Store, I still have 44 more to go to catch up with Buzzy!  But, as always, I will continue to take it one day at a time.

No comments: