WELCOME!

This is Buzzy's Country Store blog designed to keep you apprised of what's going on at the Store. Buzzy's is a general store located in St. Mary's County, Southern Maryland near Pt. Lookout State Park. Buzzy and Jean Ridgell purchased the Store from Jean's father Harry Raley in 1953. Buzzy operated it until his passing in 2009. His son J. Scott Ridgell is the current owner.

Saturday, May 6, 2017

The Wind Cries Jimi

My house is solidly built but still it creaks and groans when the winds are whipping up off the river.  Some nights, such as last night, I sometimes hear a sound or two that awakens me.  When that happens, this tune will always run thru my mind:
One explanation of Jimi's inspiration for the song is this poem To Mary by John Clare;


Ironically enough,  the song was released on 5 May 1967 (click here.)   Leads me to conclude that maybe Jimi was reaching out to me last nightYou know he was a Voodoo Child.

No comments: