WELCOME!

This is Buzzy's Country Store blog designed to keep you apprised of what's going on at the Store. Buzzy's is a general store located in St. Mary's County, Southern Maryland near Pt. Lookout State Park. Buzzy and Jean Ridgell purchased the Store from Jean's father Harry Raley in 1953. Buzzy operated it until his passing in 2009. His son J. Scott Ridgell is the current owner.

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Christmas in April

Driving to Ridge yesterday morning I saw several cars parked along both sides of Rt. 249 in front of a house.  My first thought was "What kind of yard sale is going on here?"  Turns out it was a Christmas in April undertaking where several folks were working on a house. 

Later on, driving thru St. Inigoes I saw a second group of folks working on the roof of a house.

It got me wondering about how Christmas in April got its start.  Here is a quick overview from the following website (click here.)



I recall that some years back Duncan Lepper and his crew repaired Buddy and Catherine White's home located just below Buzzy's Country Store as part of Christmas in April.  My son Brady has also volunteered to work on several Christmas in April projects.  It is a great program and my Buzzy hat is off to all who coordinate and perform this worthwhile work every year.

Found this video on Christmas in April efforts in Baltimore one year:

No comments: