WELCOME!

This is Buzzy's Country Store blog designed to keep you apprised of what's going on at the Store. Buzzy's is a general store located in St. Mary's County, Southern Maryland near Pt. Lookout State Park. Buzzy and Jean Ridgell purchased the Store from Jean's father Harry Raley in 1953. Buzzy operated it until his passing in 2009. His son J. Scott Ridgell is the current owner.

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Body Parts

Went to the Doctor yesterday for my 5 month check up following my broken hip fall on November 26 of last year.  Told her that I didn't feel like I was where I should be recovery-wise because I still have a limp and I don't get around like I used to. 

She reassured me that I was doing ok and that it would be a year before I was fully recovered.  I didn't bother reminding her that she had told me during one of our earlier visits that it would be 5 to 6 month before I was 100%.  But as long as she said I was doing ok, I took that as a semi-positive assessment. 

It's what she did not say that made me feel a little better.  She did not amend her assessment of me with what Mom's Doctor laid on her the other day during her broken ankle checkup:  he told Mom  that she was doing great for her age.  I kept waiting for Dr. Turner to say something similar to me and when she did not, I regarded that as a positive sign.  She concluded, "This time next year you'll be fully recovered and won't even think about having a new hip."  I sure hope so.

Speaking of replacing body parts, here is a touching story about Hall of Fame baseball player Rod Carew receiving both a heart and a kidney transplant from a younger donor who passed away at the age of 29 - Carew's number when he played ball (click here.) 

Warning - watching this video is gonna make you tear up:
This on the other hand will bring you up:

No comments: